A Vietnamese American who was confirmed the seventh patient of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Vietnam this month has fully recovered and will soon be discharged from the hospital where he has been receiving treatment, a hospital representative said on Monday. T.K.H., 73, was admitted to the Ho Chi Minh City Hospital for Tropical Diseases in District 5 on January 31 with symptoms including a fever, coughing, and shortness of breath. Tests later showed he was positive for the novel coronavirus – now named SARS-CoV-2 by the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses, making him the seventh confirmed case in Vietnam. H. was put on a ventilator and prescribed antibiotics and antiviral drugs, said hospital director Dr. Nguyen Van Vinh Chau. After two weeks of treatment at the infirmary, he tested negative for SARS-CoV-2 for five consecutive times between February 12 and 17, Chau said. His vital signs, including body temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate, and blood pressure, were all within the normal range as of Monday. A COVID-19 patient is allowed to be discharged from the hospital only after their fever has ceased for at least three days and at least two samples, taken one day apart, test… Read full this story
- Ho Chi Minh City inaugurates new oncology hospital
- First Japanese-made metro train arrives in Ho Chi Minh City
- Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City to further expand paid quarantine
- Remittances to Ho Chi Minh City rise despite pandemic
- Council 'tells care homes to accept Covid-19 patients being discharged from hospital' to free up beds when second wave hits
- In Ho Chi Minh City, why are quarantine hotel rooms more expensive than normal ones?
- Ho Chi Minh City’s District 9: A beacon for real estate moguls
- 11th Congress of Ho Chi Minh City Party Organization opens
- Vietnam records 10 more imported Covid-19 patients, total rises to 1,226
- 26 more imported Covid-19 patients reported on Wednesday
Vietnamese-American COVID-19 patient set to be discharged from Ho Chi Minh City hospital have 304 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at February 18, 2020. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.