HONG KONG (Reuters) – A second plane with 82 Hong Kong residents who were quarantined on the Diamond Princess cruise in Japan for more than two weeks landed early on Saturday in the Asian financial hub, where they will face a further 14 days of quarantine. The first batch of 106 passengers arrived in the Chinese territory on Thursday. The British-flagged Diamond Princess, operated by Carnival Corp (CCL.N), arrived in Yokohama, near Tokyo, on Feb 3. with about 3,700 people onboard after the virus was diagnosed in a man who disembarked last month in Hong Kong. Japan reported the deaths of two elderly passengers on Thursday, the first fatalities from aboard the ship where more than 630 cases account for the biggest cluster of infection outside China. Authorities said 66 of the 364 Hong Kong residents on the ship were infected with the coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2. They will remain in Japan along with other citizens who were in close contact with them. Hong Kong immigration authorities are in Japan and are arranging further flights, government officials said. Government-funded broadcaster RTHK reported delays and confusion over the latest flight, with Hong Kong officials saying Japanese authorities eventually barred some 17 people at… Read full this story
- Routes: United closes SFO lounge; SAA restructures + Hong Kong Air, AA, Delta, Condor, more
- Hit by Double Woes, Hong Kong Property Market Heads for an Uncertain 2020
- Experts Explain Why Diamond-Backed Cryptocurrency Is Attractive Investment
- The tiara that's so heavy it gave Diana headaches: Kate wears dazzling diamond and pearl heirloom which was made in 1914 and passed down the royal generations
- The Duchess of diamonds! Kate Middleton dons Diana's glittering headpiece as she joins Prince William for the Queen's Diplomatic Reception at Buckingham Palace
- Swedish royals including Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Sofia put on a dazzling display with glittering jewels at the Nobel Prize ceremony banquet in Stockholm
- Thomas Cook collapse recap: First flights of repatriated Brits arrive home in £100m rescue
- Students And Police Were At War On A Campus Under Siege. The Sewers Were The Only Escape.
- Sundance: Hillary Clinton, Lance Armstrong Docs Added to Festival Lineup
- A one-man rescue mission in Vietnam War
Second batch of Diamond Princess passengers arrive in Hong Kong to face further quarantine have 344 words, post on www.reuters.com at February 22, 2020. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.