Schools across the United States are canceling trips abroad, preparing online lessons and even rethinking ‘perfect attendance’ awards as they brace for the possibility that the coronavirus could begin spreading in their communities. Districts have been rushing to update emergency plans this week after federal officials warned that the virus, which started in China, is almost certain to begin spreading in the U.S. Many are preparing for possible school closures that could stretch weeks or longer, even as they work to tamp down panic among students, parents and teachers. There has only been one known school closure in the U.S. so far. The halls inside Bothell High School stand empty as it is closed due to the coronavirus A school janitor opens the door to a staff room inside Bothell High School. The suburban Seattle school was closed Thursday after a staffer’s family member was placed in quarantine for showing symptoms of possibly contracting the new virus that started in China A do not enter sign is seen taped to a door at Bothell High School on Thursday and Friday Bothell High School, near Seattle, canceled classes temporarily on Thursday after a staffer’s family member was placed in quarantine for… Read full this story
- 'Sounds like I won't be coming back!': Up to 180,000 Thomas Cook holidaymakers could be stranded as British travel giant faces going bust on SUNDAY - with ministers planning biggest ever peacetime rescue mission
- The Sun Sets on We
- 'We assist to bankrupt ideology of violent extremism everywhere'
- How the right’s radical thinktanks reshaped the Conservative party
- How The Rest Of The World Caught Up To Tegan And Sara
- The Latest: Dorian churns north along North Carolina coast
- How Football Manager changed the game
- Afropean: Notes from Black Europe extract – ‘it really was another world’
- This time it is: Anyone but Buhari … – Oby Ezekwesili
- “Fixer Upper” Is Over, But Waco’s Transformation Is Just Beginning
Schools cancel trips abroad, prepare online lessons and rethink perfect attendance awards as they brace for coronavirus spread have 317 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 28, 2020. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.