While the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s 2020 induction class is full of deserving inductees, there were a few notable senior candidates who were not part of this year’s class. At the top of that list is former Raiders receiver Cliff Branch, a three-time Super Bowl champion who earned four Pro Bowl selections and three consecutive All-Pro selections during his 14-year career. Branch, whose blazing speed helped modernize the passing game, led the NFL in receiving yards and touchdown receptions in 1974, his third NFL season. Two years later, he paced the NFL in touchdown receptions while helping Oakland capture its first Super Bowl win. In the early ’80s, Branch’s continued excellence helped the Raiders win two more Super Bowls, as Branch became one of the most prolific postseason receivers in NFL history. Despite his accomplishments, Branch, who died in 2019 at age 71, never received the call to Canton. His family, however, continues to have faith that Branch’s career will one day be immortalized in the Hall of Fame. “It would mean the world to us,” said Elaine Anderson, Cliff’s sister. “It would mean everything to us, because we know that he’s deserving. His records speak for itself. It… Read full this story
- Andre Johnson, Steve Smith among Hall of Fame semifinalists
- Hines Ward, Devin Hester among 26 modern-era semifinalists for Hall of Fame's 2022 induction class
- Eternals Assemble! Only Men To Win Heisman Trophy And Enter Pro Football Hall Of Fame Gather For Unique Documentary Project
- Andre Johnson, DeMarcus Ware among 26 semifinalists for Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2022
- Pro Football Hall of Fame names modern-era semifinals for induction
- Raiders' Derek Carr talks Henry Ruggs crash: 'Wish I could’ve done something'
- The Best Family Movies on Disney+ Right Now (November 2021) | Digital Trends
- Thousands of US Military Families Struggling with Food Insecurity
- Our guide to every single holiday movie on TV and streaming in 2021
- New movies coming out in 2021 and 2022: Blockbusters from Marvel, HBO, Netflix and more
Cliff Branch to Canton in 2021? Family of Raiders' legendary receiver keeping their Hall of Fame faith have 323 words, post on www.cbssports.com at February 6, 2020. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.