Lahore: A Pakistani court on Tuesday constituted a full bench to hear former military dictator Gen (retd) Pervez Musharraf’s petitions against the formation of a special court that sentenced him to death in a high treason case, a media report said. The three-member special court bench sentenced 76-year-old Musharraf to death in absentia on Tuesday for high treason following a six-year legal case. Musharraf had earlier moved the LHC against the constitution of the special court. The Lahore High Court full bench comprises justices Sayyed Mazahar Ali Akbar Naqvi, Muhammad Ameer Bhatti, and Chaudhry Muhammad Masood Jahangir, Geo TV reported. The bench will hear Musharraf’s petition from January 9, 2020, it said. Musharraf, who is currently in Dubai where he is seeking treatment for multiple diseases, has raised serious questions on his trial and said that the verdict was based on some people’s “personal animosity” towards him. “I call it (verdict) a suspicious judgment because it disregarded the principle of supremacy of law from the beginning. I’d rather say that if going by the Constitution, this case should not have been heard,” Musharraf, who sounded weak and seriously ill, said in a video message recorded from his hospital bed in… Read full this story
- Trucker charged with DUI in triple fatal crash waives court hearing
- Coronado High School student shooting deaths: Man avoids death-penalty trial after plea deal
- Alleged Las Vegas con man back in court after hiding in Utah
- Hearing set on Saints 'no call': What to know as lawsuit against NFL hits court Monday
- Across Pa., feds detain undocumented immigrants at unrelated court hearingsYou may also be interested in...
- U.S. district judge agrees to hear special plea in terror suspect case
- High court denies hefty payment for Attorney General Ken Paxton’s prosecutors
- Alec Baldwin to take anger management class in parking dispute plea deal
- Hupperterz defense arranges evidence in hearing one month before trial
- Friend who supplied rifles to San Bernardino terrorists wants to withdraw guilty plea
Pak Court To Hear Musharraf's Plea Against Formation Of Special Court From Jan 9 have 325 words, post on news.abplive.com at December 24, 2019. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.