Call it Drewcember, Lockapalooza or whatever moniker you see fit: Since Drew Lock took over as the Broncos quarterback two weeks ago, he’s been oxygen for a proud franchise trying to find an identity. Can Lock, with sky-high hype after wins in his first two starts, bring the team back to glory? It’s an enormous burden for the 23-year-old, but he already has Broncos Country believing. His play, including becoming the first rookie quarterback in the Super Bowl era to throw for 300-plus yards and three touchdowns in his first road start, has fans seeing the light amid four consecutive non-winning seasons. “I don’t know about save the franchise, because not one just person, not even the quarterback, can do that,” said Larry Grimm, 77, a season-ticket holder since 1965. “But if the Broncos continue to develop these talented recent draft choices around the veterans they have, Lock can seriously help. He can make them good, immediately, in 2020. He can take the Broncos back to where they need to be.”Grimm, like many Broncos diehard fans, laments the franchise decay that preceded Lock’s emergence. Since winning Super Bowl 50, the team’s headlines have been centered around a constant quarterback shuffle,… Read full this story
- Broncos Mailbag: Should Denver move up to draft Drew Lock, even with Joe Flacco?
- Denver Sports Omelette: A Denver sports radio host says he’ll get tattoo’d if the Broncos draft a quarterback with the No. 10 pick
- Broncos to host QBs Kyler Murray, Dwayne Haskins, Drew Lock and Daniel Jones for pre-draft visits: Real interest or smokescreen?
- NFL Combine 2019: Which quarterbacks helped, hurt stock? Dwayne Haskins and Drew Lock? Kyler Murray and Trace McSorley?
- NFL draft: CU coach Mel Tucker drops SEC insight, lauds QB Drew Lock
- Broncos Mailbag: Draft Drew Lock or Devin White? Never assume anything with John Elway
- Broncos Mailbag: Dwayne Haskins would be an ideal fit in Denver, but stars would have to align in NFL draft
- 5 quarterbacks the Broncos should consider in the NFL draft — and how they would work in Denver
- What the national media thinks the Broncos will do with the No. 10 pick
- Kiszla: Why LSU linebacker Devin White, not a QB, should be Broncos’ first-round draft target
Drew Lock Mania grips Broncos Country as rookie quarterback has fans seeing light at the end of the tunnel have 367 words, post on www.denverpost.com at December 13, 2019. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.