Speakers at the Việt Nam Economic Outlook 2020 conference held on Thursday in HCM City. VNS Photo Bồ Xuân Hiệp HCM CITY — Việt Nam has become central to the US policy in the Asia-Pacific region as ties between the two countries have strengthened in recent years, Marie Damour, the US consul general in HCM City, said at a conference on Thursday. Speaking at the Việt Nam Economic Outlook 2020 meeting in HCM City, Damour said: “Dedicating our support to assist a strong, prosperous, independent Việt Nam is one of our highest priorities. Since the US-Việt Nam bilateral trade agreement entered into force in 2001, trade between the two countries and US investment in Việt Nam have both grown dramatically.” “We believe a strong Việt Nam will be our partner in promoting regional security and in supporting global peacekeeping operations. We believe an independent Việt Nam will choose to work with us and others in the region to ensure a rules-based order, open access to air and sea lanes, and resolution of disputes without coercion.” She noted that “we must continue to work together as partners to improve the transparency of Việt Nam’s regulatory environment, strengthen protection for intellectual property and the privacy and safety of… Read full this story
- Fitch revises outlook on Viet Nam to Stable; affirms at 'BB'
- Fitch revises outlook on Việt Nam to Stable; affirms at 'BB'
- Viet Nam issues list of special preferential tariffs for goods imported from Cuba
- Japanese enterprises in Viet Nam face revenue loss amid Covid-19 pandemic
- South Korea, Viet Nam eye closer co-operation in supply chain
- US mattress company eyes Viet Nam’s enormous potential
- MSCI delays date for Kuwait reclassification, disappoints Viet Nam
- Viet Nam - attractive destination of US film makers
- Shinhan Finance donates $51,207 to Viet Nam COVID-19 fight
- Japanese enterprises in Việt Nam face revenue loss amid Covid-19 pandemic
US forecasts bright outlook for trade with Việt Nam have 313 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 2, 2019. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.