BEIJING – The Ministry of Finance allocated emergency funding of 100 million yuan ($14.2 million) for drought relief in five provincial regions in Central and Southwest China. Due to high temperatures and rain shortage, drought in provincial regions along the Yangtze River, such as Anhui, Jiangxi, Hubei, Hunan and Chongqing continued, the MOF said. In the middle of September, the water levels of Dongting Lake and Poyang Lake were 4.8 and 5.7 meters lower than those of the same period in previous years respectively, the lowest since 2012. The fund will be used to improve local residents’ living conditions that were severely affected by prolonged drought.
- China allocates 100 mln yuan for natural disaster relief in Qinghai
- China allocates 113.6b yuan for poverty alleviation
- China allocates 61.6 bln yuan of subsidies for 2020 farmland construction
- Competition intensifies in China's $100 billion, red-hot ETF market
- China's offshore yuan weakest since December after Beijing adds tariffs
- China allocates 113.6 bln yuan for poverty alleviation
- China allocates 1.39 bln yuan for sci-tech development
- Hong Kong bookseller who defied China raises $100,000 in a day for new shop
- Rural Aid drought bales bring hope as farmers in need multiply
- Southern Africa’s deadly drought leaving millions hungry
China allocates 100 m yuan for drought relief have 193 words, post on www.chinadaily.com.cn at November 5, 2019. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.