Share Tweet Email Food & Drink Share: Share Tweet Email Share: Share Tweet Email KTRK By Nick Natario HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) — As the Yankees take on the Astros, New York fans can get a taste of home from a business that loves the ‘Stros.Inside New York Deli and Coffee Shop in Meyerland, they take their bagels seriously.”It’s the process and the ingredients, and the quality of the ingredients,” New York Deli and Coffee Shop partner Edward Gavrila explained.The quality has attracted Houstonians for years. Many of them New York natives, who know what makes a good bagel.”It’s got to be fluffy, I guess,” Casey Koplik explained. “Not white bread, which you get in Texas for the most part.”At New York Deli and Coffee Shop, there’s a little piece of home for Texas transplants.”It’s pretty good,” Koplik said. “I’m not going to lie, I’m actually surprised. Texas can make bagels.”Normally, a New York customer wouldn’t be a problem, until this week. The Yankees are playing the Astros in the American League Championship Series.Suddenly, the NY stands out a little more.RELATED: Houston vs. New York: Matchup of culture and famous places”I got it tossed off my head last night,” Koplik recalled…. Read full this story
- New York Today: Are Lemonade Stands Allowed?
- New York Today: It’s Not the Heat, It’s the Humidity
- New York Today: A Need for More Statues of Women
- New York Today: A New App From the M.T.A.
- New York Today: The Tale of Tap Dancing
- What Will It Cost to Fix New York’s Public Housing?
- New York’s Highest Court to Consider 2003 Brooklyn Murder Case
- New York’s Emergency Food Program Gets More Funding, but Will It Be Enough?
- Climate Week in New York Is Just Getting Started
- ‘The Irishman’ Opens the New York Film Festival
New York Deli is all about Astros despite name have 328 words, post on abc13.com at October 13, 2019. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.