Boris Johnson will today make another bid to save his disintegrating Brexit deal by meeting Irish PM Leo Varadkar, as Britain hurtles headfirst towards a no-deal Brexit. The two PMs will meet in a bid to break the deadlock as the departure deadline looms and progress with the EU falters. It comes as Brexit Secretary will meet EU chief negotiator Michel Barnier for lunch in Brussels – but with no breakthrough in the talks in sight. Last night ex-Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt sent a letter to EU foreign ministers warninh the EU against assuming that a Brexit extension means an election – and suggests that an election may end up with a government which is more strident on the Brexit quedtion. He wrote: “If that happened the UK government would have a very different character to now: newly elected with a strong mandate from the British people, there would be significantly less willingness to compromise and therefore a much greater likelihood of no deal.” The Prime Minister will have what is described as a “private meeting” with his Irish counterpart in England on Thursday to “allow detailed discussions” on the process for securing an agreement. Mr Johnson will hope to… Read full this story
- Brexit: Irish PM Leo Varadkar says deal 'very difficult' by deadline
- Draft Brexit agreement could have economic benefits for Northern Ireland, Irish PM Leo Varadkar says
- Irish PM Leo Varadkar says 'no' to any further negotiations of Brexit deal
- Boris Johnson tears into Theresa May’s Brexit deal calling it an ‘appalling sell-out’ as he lays out how own vision
- Boris Johnson compares Theresa May’s ‘humiliating’ Brexit deal to TITANIC and calls on UK not to pay £39B divorce bill
- Brexit is putting Good Friday Agreement at risk, Irish premier Leo Varadkar says
- Has Boris Johnson only gone and done it? Brexit breakthrough between PM and Leo Varadkar
- Revealed: Boris Johnson said Irish border would never present Brexit problem
- PM besieged over Brexit deal: Theresa May challenged on all fronts
- Varadkar: Brexit deal 'the next best outcome'
Boris Johnson to meet Irish PM Leo Varadkar as his Brexit deal disintegrates have 331 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at October 10, 2019. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.