Issued on: 01/09/2019 – 07:29Modified: 01/09/2019 – 23:06 At least seven people were killed in West Texas after a man who was stopped by state troopers when his vehicle failed to signal a left turn opened fire and fled, authorities said. The suspect shot more than 20 people as he continued to drive before he was killed by officers outside a cinema.The shooting began Saturday afternoon with an interstate traffic stop where gunfire was exchanged with police, setting off a chaotic rampage during which the suspect hijacked a mail carrier truck and began firing at random as he drove in the area of Odessa and Midland, two cities in the heart of Texas oil country more than 300 miles (483 kilometers) west of Dallas.Police initially reported that there could be more than one shooter, but Odessa Police Chief Michael Gerke later said there was only one.“The suspect continued shooting at innocent civilians all over Odessa,” a statement from Odessa police said.Gerke described the suspect as a white male in his 30s. He did not name him or a motive but said he has some idea who the gunman is.The terrifying chain of events began when Texas state troopers tried pulling… Read full this story
- US: Minnesota health clinic shooting leaves 1 dead, 4 injured
- Sword attack leaves one dead, 10 injured at Finnish college
- Fort Worth accident leaves 6 dead, dozens injured in 133-vehicle pileup on interstate after ice storm
- Metairie, Louisiana, gun store shooting leaves 3 dead & 2 injured ‘after employees and customers opened fire at gunman’
- At Least 40 Shot, 4 Killed In Weekend Gun Violence In Chicago; 2 Dead, 13 Wounded In One Mass Shooting
- 2 Dead After 15 Struck By Gunfire In Mass Shooting At Party In Park Manor
- Andy Schcolnik, Part Owner Of Park Manor Building Where Mass Shooting Happened, Has Been In Trouble Over His Properties Before
- Bulletproof Backpack Sales Soar After Deadly Mass Shootings, But Are They Worth It?
- Colt to stop making AR-15 rifles, weapon of choice in US mass shootings
- Texas Walmart mass shooting was 'act of cowardice': Trump
Mass shooting in Texas leaves seven dead and 22 injured have 327 words, post on www.france24.com at September 1, 2019. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.