Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrives in the US a day after delivering a $20 billion tax-cut stimulus for companies, which strengthens his pitch to American chief executives about the ease of doing business in India.His government on Friday cut corporate taxes to rival some of the lowest in Asia, helping India compete with the likes of Vietnam and Indonesia to attract investments. When Modi meets energy company CEOs in Houston Saturday, he’s expected to tout the trimmed rates.New companies setting up operations from Oct. 1 will pay an effective rate of 17.01% as tax, about the same as in Singapore.“Having fresh economic reforms to attract business gives him a stronger story,” said Richard Rossow, senior adviser at the Washington-based Center for Strategic International Studies. “These tax cuts will help India rebuild its image as an investment destination.”The cropped tax rates are the latest in a series of steps announced by the government, including easier foreign investment rules for companies from Apple Inc. to Huawei Technologies Co. to BHP Group Plc, to revive economic growth from a six-year low. While Indonesia too plans to lower tax on corporates, Vietnam is by far the biggest winner in the… Read full this story
- New Koch Ads Accuse Democrat of Opposing Unpopular Tax Cuts
- Trump administration to propose a ten percent tax cut for the middle class before the election in November
- Trump administration eyes 10% middle-class tax cut proposal
- There Is One Last Hurdle Republicans Have to Clear Before Passing Tax Cuts
- A budget-neutral way to encourage business investment in research
- Trump Accidentally Raised Taxes on the Children of Dead Veterans
- Why Trump’s Tax Plan Will (Probably) Be Impossible to Pass
- The American Economy Isn’t ‘Great Again’ – But It’s Still Solid
- Narendra Modi pitches for India’s NSG entry
- Does Modi dislike Budgets?
Corporate tax cut gives PM Modi perfect pitch to win American investments have 295 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at September 21, 2019. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.