Entering into the busiest video game season of the year, we didn’t exactly need Apple Arcade, nor did we really want it, given Apple’s mediocre stewardship of video games for the past decade. What a shock, then, that Apple Arcade is one of the best gaming launches we can remember, and that we can recommend it without making any apologies or exceptions for the stuff no one likes about mobile games. This thing is great. The Apple Arcade service is an all-you-can-play offering of more than 70 new games that is available starting today for $5 a month, with a one-month free trial.. It runs on iPhones and iPads now and will soon also work on iMacs and other devices including Apple TV. Advertisement Because of the way the games are being offered, there’s no need for the developers to include any of the aggravations typical of modern gaming. There are no timers designed to stop you from playing the game you’re enjoying unless you pay extra. There are no ads. There are no energy meters, and no microtransactions. There are, simply, none of the manipulative systems that have contaminated nearly all of mobile gaming. Just imagine playing a puzzle… Read full this story
- Apple Arcade v Google Stadia: which is the future for video games?
- Apple Arcade: game streaming service will cost £4.99 a month
- Is Apple Arcade worth $6.98 a month?
- Popular mobile game gets AR remake: iPhone users get lucky
- The Game Café: The rise and future of mobile gaming
- Observers concerned about gambling-like qualities of mobile game loot boxes
- The sequel to one of the best mobile games ever made is just around the corner — here’s everything we know
- Are your kids racking up charges from mobile games? Here’s how to fight back
- Here's the top-rated Apple iOS apps, games, music, books, movies of the year
- Wowowin experience is now a mobile game
Apple Arcade Is Mobile Gaming Without All The Bullshit have 312 words, post on kotaku.com at September 19, 2019. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.