By Associated Press | PUBLISHED: August 5, 2019 at 9:56 pm | UPDATED: August 5, 2019 at 9:58 pm EL PASO, Texas (AP) — The Latest on a mass shooting in El Paso, Texas (all times local): 7:55 p.m. Police in El Paso, Texas, have identified the 22 people killed in the weekend mass shooting at a Walmart store, but there are some discrepancies between that list and one the Mexican government released. El Paso police spokesman Sgt. Enrique Carrillo said the discrepancies could be due to the difference between U.S. identifications, such as driver’s licenses, and Mexican official names. Mexico’s foreign secretary, Marcelo Ebrard, began releasing the names of Mexicans who died in the shooting on Sunday. He has said that eight of the 22 were citizens of Mexico. There are various discrepancies between the two lists, including the nationalities of victims and the spelling of some names. Most of the slain victims had Latino surnames. Authorities are scrutinizing a racist, anti-immigrant screed posted online shortly before the attack. ___7:05 p.m. Two Latin American governments with U.S. travel advisories have warned of the dangers of visiting the United States after two mass shootings over the weekend left more than… Read full this story
- Privacy commission warns health dept against sharing Dengvaxia ‘master list’
- Mexico tycoon warns of "populist" risk in dig at election front-runner
- Fireball at illegal Mexico pipeline tap leaves 66 dead, 85 missing
- Teacher, 9-month-old baby latest Canadians identified in Ethiopian Airlines crash
- Mexico frees 25 mass kidnapping victims in Cancun
- U.S. sets May 1 expiry date on tariff exemptions for all countries, including Canada and Mexico
- News Who will be Mexico's next president?
- Exclusive: Exxon explores selling US Gulf of Mexico assets
- Brampton family among 18 Canadian victims of Ethiopian Airlines plane crash
- Victims battle US trafficking
The Latest: Discrepancies between US, Mexico victim lists have 283 words, post on www.bostonherald.com at August 5, 2019. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.