SECOND DEMOCRATIC DEBATE LINE UP Tuesday, July 30 – from left of screenMarianne WilliamsonTim Ryan Amy Klobuchar Pete Buttigieg Bernie Sanders Elizabeth Warren Beto O’Rourke John Hickenlooper John DelaneySteve Bullock Democrats debating in Detroit on Tuesday teetered between slamming President Donald Trump and attacking each other, unsure whether to spend their time onstage trying to win the primary contest or the 2020 general election. ‘Ultimately we have to beat Donald Trump,’ Minnesota Sen Amy Klobuchar said.’ But a moment later she tried to drive a wedge in the middle of her own party, between the left-wing progressives and the moderates to their right. ‘Yes, I have bold ideas,’ she said, ‘but they are grounded in reality.’ Massachusetts Sen Elizabeth Warren wasted no time clobbering Trump, saying he ‘disgraces the office of president every single day.’ The most devastating attack on the president came from South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg, who asked ‘how somebody like Donald Trump gets within cheating distance of the Oval Office in the first place. It doesn’t happen unless America is already in a crisis,’ he said. ‘Our country is running out of time. It is even bigger than the emergency of the Trump presidency.’ The first night of the second Democratic debate,… Read full this story
- Bernie Sanders drops out of the 2020 race, clearing Joe Biden's path to the Democratic nomination
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Small businesses, unemployed await Congress's next moves
- The Latest: Sanders wins North Dakota caucuses
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Biden vs. Trump as Sanders exits race
- After Bernie Sanders: Progressives take stock after they fall short again
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - States seek plans for economic revival; feds talk 'hope'
2020 Democrats start two nights of debates in Detroit have 288 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 30, 2019. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.