Jonathan Oosting, Melissa Nann Burke and Richard Burr The Detroit News Published 5:53 PM EDT Jul 17, 2019 A newcomer will take the Detroit debate stage later this month, joining 19 Democratic presidential candidates who debated in Miami, according to the list of qualifiers released Wednesday by the Democratic National Committee and CNN. Montana Gov. Steve Bullock will make his first appearance in the second round of debates after U.S. Rep. Eric Swalwell of California, who participated in the Miami forum last month, dropped out of the race on July 7. Meet the candidates Analysts said 21 candidates actually qualified for the Detroit stage by Tuesday’s cutoff, but the DNC limited participation to 20 candidates. Former Alaska U.S. Sen. Mike Gravel was left out under the committee’s tie-breaking rules, which give greater weight to candidates who met the DNC’s polling requirement by getting at least 1% of support in three or more qualifying surveys. There will be 10 candidates on stage each night for Detroit’s July 30 and July 31 debates, which are scheduled to run from 9-11 p.m. on CNN. The network plans to televise a live random drawing at 8 p.m. Thursday to decide which candidates will debate on which nights at Detroit’s Fox Theatre. The two-hour forums will… Read full this story
- Meet all the Democratic candidates for the 2020 US election
- It's Biden vs rest of Democrats in 1st 2020 debate clash
- AFP: Democratic candidates begin 1st 2020 presidential debate
- Democratic candidates focus on climate change in town halls
- 2020 Democrats start two nights of debates in Detroit
- Who won and who lost the Democratic debate?
- Moderates take aim at Sanders and Warren in US Democratic debate
- Biden in the hot-seat of a tense US Democratic debate
- Everything you missed from the Democratic debate
- Liberal, moderate divide on display in Democratic debate
These 20 Democratic candidates qualified for Detroit's debates have 292 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at June 27, 2019. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.