By Norm Elrod (CBS New York/CBS Local) — With the PGA Championship just days away and Tiger Woods’ comeback win at the Masters still lingering in our collective memories, one question must be asked. Can Tiger win another major? His fifth win at a Augusta last month was more than a decade in the making. And those 10-plus years included plenty of personal and professional challenges. At times, one of the golf’s best ever struggled just to walk, let alone swing a golf club or play professionally. Tiger’s back injury required extensive rehabilitation that left his PGA Tour future uncertain. Tiger has traveled a long road to return. But after a promising 2018 campaign that ended with a Tour Championship win, his first win in five years, he started 2019 with two top-10 finishes. Nick Faldo, CBS Sports lead analyst and winner of six majors, observed that “by the time he then got to Augusta. I had that feeling… He’s now good enough to get in contention and hang with them.” Sure enough, he won his fifth Masters. An arduous comeback culminated with one of golf’s great prizes. Tiger has now officially returned. >>READ: PGA Championship: CBS Sports To Use… Read full this story
- Phil Mickelson wins PGA Championship, becomes oldest-ever major winner
- Tiger Woods breaks silence in first interview since horrific car crash in February
- Collin Morikawa On "Cloud Nine" After PGA Championship Victory | Golf News
- What next for Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson after missing the US Open cut?
- Tiger Woods' £48m private jet with seats for 18 people and top speeds of 680mph
- Gatorade Signs Matthew Wolff As Its First Golf Endorser Since Tiger Woods A Decade Ago
- How Tiger Woods Bulked Up, Broke Down and Became a ‘Walking Miracle’
- Tiger Woods: ‘Alcohol Was Not Involved’ in Arrest
- Tiger Woods, in a Blaze, Rewrites Masters' History
- Will Tiger Woods Play Golf Again? Doctors Predict a Difficult Recovery
PGA Championship: Can Tiger Woods Win Back-To-Back Majors? have 316 words, post on boston.cbslocal.com at May 15, 2019. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.