How Kingston went from last-minute substitution to WWE title challenger in less than two months by Brian Campbell @BCampbellCBS Apr 5, 2019 at 1:38 pm ET • 10 min read WWE In an industry so reliant upon deception to seduce and entrap its audience to a level of suspended disbelief, it’s refreshing how often the best stories being told in professional wrestling are the ones so visibly rooted in truth.As 11-year WWE veteran Kofi Kingston enters the biggest match of his career at WrestleMania 35, (Sunday, 7 p.m. ET, WWE Network), fueled by the whirlwind — and largely unplanned — phenomenon known as “KofiMania,” the storyline that has taken him to MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey, is very much a case of art imitating life. ”The best storylines on television always have a little reality to them,” Kingston told CBS Sports on Thursday. “A lot of times they are unplanned and just happen and then all of a sudden they just catch fire. For me to be in the middle of this fire is awesome.”While Kingston has certainly had a decorated WWE career on the tag team and mid-card title level over the past decade, including a five-year run… Read full this story
- Triple H provides backstage input about Roman Reigns pulling out of WrestleMania
- John Cena WWE WrestleMania 36 opponent named ahead of SmackDown return
- Watch The Undertaker chop fan’s chest so hard he knocks him to ground in restaurant after WWE legend was begged to do it
- WWE Royal Rumble 2020: Major Ronda Rousey return update - Will UFC legend return?
- WWE SummerSlam 2019: Preview, predictions and full card
- Fury vs Wilder 2: WWE stars predict boxing clash as Roman Reigns recalls Tyson Fury beers
- WWE SmackDown draft results, grades: Brock Lesnar destroys The Bloodline and gets declared free agent
- WWE Champion Big E says his epic title victory 'was not the plan' for his push
- WWE Reportedly Planning WrestleMania 38 Debut For Gable Steveson
- WWE Raw results, grades: Hurt Business reunites to help Bobby Lashley against Big E
WrestleMania 35: The meteoric rise of Kofi Kingston offers hope, representation for WWE fans have 326 words, post on www.cbssports.com at April 4, 2019. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.