It took over a year of planning but City Council has finally adopted (most of) an updated City Plan, the comprehensive set of guidelines for the Fort Collins’ future. In a unanimous vote, Council adopted both the updated City Plan and Transit Master Plan with the caveat that staff will tighten up some unclear language and concepts in the document. “I don’t think we got down to wordsmithing but (instead), really expressing those concerns and getting them out and dialing them in in a constructive manner that, I think, in the long run, only improves it,” said Mayor Wade Troxell. Council-requested changes to the City Plan Removal of part of the dark skies strategy to promote Earth Hour and the International Dark Sky Week; less specific language for dark skies goals Clarification of the area median income qualifications for assistance priority in affordable housing Incorporate data from the TMP to illustrate the transit situation described in the City Plan; improve the language describing the transit ridership Council-requested changes to the Transit Master Plan Move up the cost estimates in the document so people will more easily find it Strike the “5-year plan” concept and replace it with language suggesting it… Read full this story
- 'Too late': Plano responds to legal challenge over City Council member's recall election
- Fort Worth plan to invest $3M in this neighborhood called its ‘most ambitious’ yet
- Fort Worth mayor Betsy Price formally announces bid for 5th term. What’s her priority?
- Should a motorcycle shop serve beer? Residents in this Fort Worth neighborhood say no
- Advertising company moving to the Fort Worth Stockyards
- Is there hope for Brookridge? It’s uncertain after OP council denies incentives
- Is there hope for Brookridge? OP Council raises serious doubts about incentives
- Antioch council to reconsider proposed sales tax, adding oversight and sunset clause
- Deal to reopen Fort Worth Cats’ LaGrave Field full of dreams, but is there money?
- Amazon recovers share losses after cancelling its HQ2 project in New York City (AMZN)
City Council adopts updated Fort Collins City Plan with caveats have 328 words, post on collegian.com at April 16, 2019. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.