(CNN)A cruise ship has docked in Molde harbor, western Norway, after a harrowing day stranded at sea. Passengers aboard the Viking Sky cruise ship shouted, “We made it,” as the vessel arrived in port on Sunday afternoon, Norwegian state broadcaster NRK reported. Rescue teams had airlifted 479 people from the ship after it was left adrift in stormy seas Saturday with 1,300 passengers and crew on board. Passengers disembarked with tales of terrifying conditions, with many having been tossed about by wind and waves for 20 hours after the vessel sent a distress signal. Helicopters sent to rescue 1,300 passengers The Viking Sky, which regained engine power on Sunday morning, sailed to Molde harbor accompanied by two supply ships and one tug assist vessel. There were 436 guests and 458 crew still remaining on board. Twenty people who sustained injuries in the incident were being treated at medical facilities in Norway, or had already been discharged, Viking Ocean Cruises said. Read More “Throughout all of this, our first priority was for the safety and well-being of our passengers and our crew,” Viking Ocean Cruises said in a statement, thanking Norwegian emergency services and local residents for their support. Rescuers faced… Read full this story
- St. Johns teacher thankful parents survived Norway cruise ship scare
- Cruise Ship Passenger With Head Injury Evacuated in Dramatic Mid-sea Rescue
- Cruise Ship Passengers Trapped in Onboard Elevator Claim They Were Banned From Future Cruises After Clumsy Rescue
- Cruise Ship Passengers Left to Suffer on Dockside in Full Sun for Hours While Waiting to Board: 'This Is Obviously not Fun'
- Video: Giant Cruise Ship Destroys Pier While Docking After Engine Malfunction
- 479 Norway cruise ship passengers rescued, 20 hurt
- American Cruise Ship Passenger Rescued by Saudi Guards After Suffering Intestinal Bleeding During Red Sea Voyage
- Viral Video of Huge Cruise Ship Smashed by Construction Crane Emerges
- Cruise Ship Blocks Scientist With Lou Gehrig's Disease from Boarding: 'He Felt Invisible'
- Cruise ship docks in NYC after violent winds delayed arrival
Passengers disembark cruise ship with tales of terrifying conditions have 318 words, post on edition.cnn.com at March 23, 2019. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.