video Housing affordability is at the lowest it’s been in 10 years: NAHB CEO National Association of Home Builders CEO Jerry Howard on the state of the housing market and Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s housing plan. National Association of Home Builders CEO Jerry Howard said the organization’s new numbers on home builder confidence show not much has changed since February, but errs on the side of caution around the industry. Continue Reading Below “We always start to get better as spring comes and the building season approaches,” Howard explained on FOX Business’ “Varney & Co. Monday” “But we still have issues with labor supply, we still have issues with the cost of building materials.” MORE FROM FOXBUSINESS.COM JPMORGAN CHASE LAUNCHES $350 MILLION WORKFORCE INITIATIVE US CONSUMER SENTIMENT IMPROVED IN MARCH Howard said some of the banks are also “getting tight” when it comes to administering loans to builders for acquisition, development, and construction lending – and rising costs for builders are being passed on to buyers. “Six years ago, eight out of ten homes on the market were affordable by the average prospective buyer. Right now it’s down to fifty percent.” Starter homes are especially difficult to build, according to Howard, because currently the… Read full this story
- HK's property prices prove resilient in face of protests
- A Place to Call Home: Orphanage of Miracles
- Woman who was 'raped, tortured, beaten and repeatedly sold for sex as a 10-year-old at a Howard Johnson and Econo Lodge in New York is suing hotels for $10M after 'staff turned a blind eye to the sex trafficking'
- China’s state-owned firms to face more mergers, bankruptcies
- Heatherland Homes Announces Westbury Park in Conyers
- Howard County Unveils Housing Opportunities Master Plan Process
- PropertyGuru: Malaysians want regulation of home-share economy
- China-owned Syngenta plots growth in challenging home market
- Smartphone convenience comes at a risk in tech-driven China
- Economic benefits of home-sharing: New industries, jobs
Home prices driven up by state and local regulations: NHIB's Jerry Howard have 311 words, post on www.foxbusiness.com at March 18, 2019. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.