video Housing affordability is at the lowest it’s been in 10 years: NAHB CEO National Association of Home Builders CEO Jerry Howard on the state of the housing market and Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s housing plan. National Association of Home Builders CEO Jerry Howard said the organization’s new numbers on home builder confidence show not much has changed since February, but errs on the side of caution around the industry. Continue Reading Below “We always start to get better as spring comes and the building season approaches,” Howard explained on FOX Business’ “Varney & Co. Monday” “But we still have issues with labor supply, we still have issues with the cost of building materials.” MORE FROM FOXBUSINESS.COM JPMORGAN CHASE LAUNCHES $350 MILLION WORKFORCE INITIATIVE US CONSUMER SENTIMENT IMPROVED IN MARCH Howard said some of the banks are also “getting tight” when it comes to administering loans to builders for acquisition, development, and construction lending – and rising costs for builders are being passed on to buyers. “Six years ago, eight out of ten homes on the market were affordable by the average prospective buyer. Right now it’s down to fifty percent.” Starter homes are especially difficult to build, according to Howard, because currently the… Read full this story
- Struggling first time buyers living in Dorset 'ghost village' that is filled with holiday homes are thrown lifeline as new homes are built for locals only
- Colorado homeowners have among the lowest tax rates in the U.S., but businesses say they’re paying the price
- Police state UK: Crime commissioner calls for law change to allow officers to force entry into homes of suspected rule-breakers while Scotland Yard tells cops to 'to issue fines more quickly'
- Delays over pricing holds back India’s vaccine rollout
- Trump calls his Capitol mob 'GREAT PATRIOTS' and claims they rioted because election was 'viciously stolen' - then tells them 'Go home with love. Remember this day forever!' as Twitter locks his account for 12 hours
- Stay at home, Gordon! Cornwall police chief tells celebrity chef Ramsay and other stars not to visit county - while locals in affluent Southwold report second home owners for breaking Covid rules
- No second chances! Police will fine people the FIRST time they are caught not wearing a mask in shops or on public transport, or for leaving their home without a reason
- Happy New Lockdown! Just 4% of Britons say they WILL break Covid rules to celebrate with friends tonight despite government pleas to stay at home as police launch crackdown on illegal street parties and Trafalgar Square is fenced off
- PM plunges England into even TOUGHER lockdown than March with all schools shut until at least mid-February, ban on takeaway pints and public only able to leave home if 'essential' as COVID alert is raised to top level and UK records 58,784 new cases
- Battle to defend Britons from cowboy builders: Victims share their 'absolutely horrendous' experiences which left them thousands of pounds out of pocket as they call for stricter regulations
Home prices driven up by state and local regulations: NAHB's Jerry Howard have 494 words, post on www.foxbusiness.com at March 18, 2019. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.