President Donald Trump reportedly wanted daughter Ivanka Trump and son-in-law Jared Kushner bounced out of the White House and sent back to New York because of the bad press they generated, according to a new book written by the journalist Vicky Ward. Kushner Inc., which will be published next week, claims the president asked his then–chief of staff, John Kelly, to remove the power couple from Washington, D.C., complaining that they “didn’t know how to play the game.” But the president’s desire to remove the two from the circles of power came and went in waves, according to a review of the book in The New York Times. When Kelly joined the administration in the summer of 2017, the president was reportedly frustrated with Ivanka Trump and Kushner. “Get rid of my kids. Get them back to New York,” the president told Kelly, according to Ward. But Kelly told him it would be hard to dislodge the pair, who since the early days of the campaign had been some of the most influential members of the president’s inner circle. Ward’s book describes the behind-the-scenes strategy, maneuvers and power struggles that have seen Ivanka Trump and Kushner outlast any of their… Read full this story
- Report: Schiff’s Latest Star Impeachment Witness Provided More False Testimony Regarding Key White House Official
- Hope Hicks leaves Trump's White House
- OPINION Is Donald Trump Batman?
- 'Pawn Stars' Rick Harrison appraises rare 'Game of Thrones' book, says Americans aren't learning from history
- You Can Kill Donald Trump Without Going to Prison
- OPINION Is the Internet Turning Donald Trump - and You - Into an Idiot?
- OPINION Perception vs. Reality: Vista vs. Leopard With a White House Spin
- Analysis: What The (Game) Papers Say - Dec. 2009, Pt. 2
- In-Depth: What The (Game) Papers Say - July 2010, Pt.1
- In-Depth: What The (Game) Papers Say, January 2011
Donald Trump Wanted Ivanka, Kushner out of White House—They 'Didn't Know How to Play the Game,' Book Says have 307 words, post on www.newsweek.com at March 12, 2019. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.