The inner part of the bulrush plant’s lower stalk, which is used as food. Cà Mau Province plans to expand farming of the plant because of the high demand for it. – VNA/VNS Photo Kim Há Viet Nam News CÀ MAU – The Mekong Delta province of Cà Mau will expand the area under bồn bồn (Typha orientalis), also known as bulrush, because of the high demand for the inner portion of its lower stalk used as food, according to the province People’s Committee. Bulrush cultivation has helped improve the lives of many farming families in recent years since it fetches high prices. In Cái Nước District, which has the largest bulrush growing area in the province, more than 150 households grow the wet plant on a total area of 90ha. They harvest around three tonnes of the inner portion of the lower stalk per hectare annually. Nguyễn Phi Hùng of the district’s Hưng Đông Commune said the plant has become the main source of income for many local families. “Bulrush has become a speciality and the demand for it increases year after year.” Fresh lower stalk inner portions fetch VNĐ30,000 – 45,000 (US$1.3 – 1.9) a kilogramme, he said…. Read full this story
- Ca Mau: People join hands in developing eco-tourism
- Blueberryink.com Expands Line of Custom Water Bottles
- Berkeley startup raises $161 million to grow 'meat' from cells
- Prepare for a bat INVASION: 250,000 flying foxes are expected to cause chaos in the city as they escape bushfire-ravaged areas
- Women in Technology (WIT) Expands Board with Appointment of Six New Directors
- Can Louisiana's fledgling medical marijuana industry keep up with expanded demand?
- Bonchon Eyes Fountain Valley For Its 20th CA Restaurant
- Will Billions Of Dollars Help CA Cope With Climate Change?
- Marlborough wineries in expansion mode to meet growing international demand
- Future of the Ocean: Expanding Dead Zones
Cà Mau to expand bulrush growing area have 305 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at March 5, 2019. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.