By Rex Crum | [email protected] | Bay Area News GroupFebruary 12, 2019 at 1:37 pm With its iPhone sales declining, Apple is banking on phone-based subscriptions and services to be the company’s next big driver of growth. And the results of a report on spending within iPhone apps should give Apple evidence that its latest growth strategy is paying off. The growth of in-app spending was more visible when compared to the figures between 2016 and 2017, when such purchases rose 23 percent. “The clear message here is that in-app subscriptions, which appear in all of these categories’ top-grossing apps, are driving substantial per device increases in the amount spent by U.S. consumers on iPhone,” said Sensor Tower about the results of its research on in-app purchases. The leading source of in-app spending came from games, which are known for offering their users the ability to purchase items to improve their game playing and increase the amount of time they can spend playing games. Sensor Tower said that gaming made up 56 percent of iPhone in-app purchases, or $44 per average iPhone user. But while gaming remained the biggest source of in-app revenue, the types of spending on such purchases… Read full this story
- iOS 13 iPhone features: What is Optimized Battery Charging?
- How to Gift Apps, Games, Music, Movies, and Other Digital Media on Almost Any Platform
- Millions of iPhone owners urged to check settings or risk crooks spying on you
- Apple orders Chinese social networks to stop 'tip' functions that break App Store rules
- Own an iPhone? Apple reveals the best apps you need to install today
- Apple Lowers App Store Commission From 30% to 15% for Small Developers, Critics See Little Impact
- Android manufacturers could learn a thing or two from the iPhone 11 when it comes to video
- How to use iPhone like a pro, or teach someone else to
- Kids, Your Parents Can Now Set Restrictions on The TikTok App Including Blocking Content
- The Best Christmas Apps for 2021 | Digital Trends
How much are U.S. iPhone users spending within their apps? have 317 words, post on www.mercurynews.com at February 12, 2019. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.