“My department will continue to work closely with Bord Bia to ensure that Irish food retains its global reputation for the highest quality”. According to Bord Bia’s new report, Ireland’s largest export categories, meat and dairy, which account for two thirds (66pc) of total exports, remained stable. Bord Bia CEO, Tara McCarthy said that total export volume increased significantly across many categories this year, although this was counteracted by global price volatility. While Irish producers exported more in volume terms (+50,000 tonnes), the Euro value recorded for those exports declined. Dairy Dairy was the strongest performer in terms of export volume growth in 2018, with volumes up 5pc compared to 2017. The value of dairy exports remained stable, exceeding €4 billion for the second year in a row. Butter had an exceptional year in the US and continental Europe and for the first time the value of Irish butter exports exceeded €1 billion for the year, representing a 22pc increase on 2017’s value. More than 50pc of Ireland’s cheese exports – of which 83pc is cheddar – is destined for the UK. However in 2018, 22pc of cheese exports were destined for countries outside of the UK and continental Europe,… Read full this story
- Brexit Britain export masterplan to unleash UK as leader in 'next generation trade deals'
- The 5 food & drinks keeping you up ALL night… from booze to white bread
- ‘Hidden’ Brexit ‘price bumps’ on British food staples hit expats in Spain
- Impossible Foods’ CEO Says Going Public Is ‘Inevitable.’ So Why Have Most Of 2021’s Food Listings Spoiled?
- Inflation shock could derail UK recovery, warns IMF
- Vietnam has high export growth after joining WTO
- Viet Nam has high export growth after joining WTO
- High valuations may not spoil the market party. Sunil Subramaniam explains why
- Global Wine Production Was Down 4% In 2021 But Exports Were Up, OVI Reports
- Bubble tea is the drink of the moment. Shame it can have more calories than a Big Mac!
Value of Irish food and drink exports falls in 2018 as dependence on UK market increases have 315 words, post on www.independent.ie at January 9, 2019. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.