This weekend sees a series of launch events for the National Centre for Craft and Design’s new exhibitions of textile art in Sleaford. The NCCD presents Ctrl / Shift: New Directions in Textile Art, in partnership with The 62 Group of Textile Artists and Midlands Arts Centre, Birmingham. This unique textile exhibition sees artists demonstrating the creative tensions that exist between accomplished skill, experimentation and the development of new ideas. From February 2 until April 22, Ctrl/Shift takes shifts and changes as its theme with artists exploring this concept in a variety of ways.Shifts may have been experienced in the approach to practice and production in relation to control; the introduction of new materials and techniques; and/or the impact of innovative ideas and evolving technologies. Pushing the boundaries of scale at both ends of the spectrum, works range from metres long to a few centimetres high; they are wall-hung, floor and plinth based, two and three dimensional. Traditional textile and fibre techniques of hand and machine embroidery, felting, printing, collage and basketry are seen alongside the latest technology, such as digital print and laser cutting. Other works are mixed media in approach, incorporating hair, cosmetics, scrap metal and dolls’ house… Read full this story
- Jaguars' Bortles solid in exhibition opener against Saints
- Hyundai India opens global quality and training centre in Faridabad
- VW India opens new regional Parts Distribution Centre in Bangalore
- Nissan opens third regional parts distribution centre in India
- CarXpert to open 80 new car service centres by end of FY 2017-18
- Larson takes Xfinity Series event for 1st win at Bristol
- WWE Planning Major Survivor Series Event?
- RCA Vehicle Design exhibition open Wednesday
- Knights roster hopefuls get ‘opportunity’ in exhibition opener
- Menomonee Falls Art Exhibit Opens March 1
Textile exhibitions open with series of events at Sleaford’s National centre for Craft and Design have 294 words, post on www.sleafordstandard.co.uk at January 31, 2019. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.