0 Post a comment Saturday, 12 January 2019 – Transport by Dylan Davies – Deputy news editor @dylandavies1 [email protected] A LUXURY carriage built in Porthmadog has found a new home in Cumbria. On Wednesday, 2 January Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways said farewell to a new narrow gauge observation carriage that had been commissioned and built for the Lake District’s much loved Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway.The carriage which offers panoramic views through its large glass windows, has been built to a similar design as Ffestiniog Railway’s Pullman Observation carriage launched in May 2018 but it is dramatically different in size.This is because the Welsh railway operates full scale engines and Ravenglass operates small narrow gauge engines, which is why it’s known affectionately as ‘La’al Ratty’ in Cumbrian dialect.The delivery of this new luxury observation carriage is a keystone part of the rolling stock replacement project for Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway.The engineering team is working closely with team at Ffestiniog to redesign the closed carriages to increase the levels of comfort for passengers. An important part of the relationship between to the two railways is the exchange of specialist knowledge, which helps to keep heritage engineering skills alive.Martin Cookman, Ravenglass and… Read full this story
- New Fund Offer: Things to note before you invest
- Breakingviews - Review: New tech brings golden age of media
- The Folio Society’s next book brings Marvel’s Golden Age back to life
- Amsterdam museum renames period known as Dutch Golden Age in recognition of colonial wrongs
- review: Nothing new to offer
- Year-end new-home offers available in Cane Island
- Golden Week travel plans for many include 'red tourism'
- EU targets tech giants with new copyright deal for digital age
- Hubble scientists find new way to measure the age of star clusters
- New Bridge Offers Easier Access to Remote Island
New carriage to offer comfort of golden age of travel have 311 words, post on www.cambrian-news.co.uk at January 11, 2019. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.