Coachella turns 20 years old in 2019 while also celebrating its 20th anniversary. It skipped one year in 2000 due to financial difficulties. But the music festival has been doing just fine since those early growing pains, thank you very much. Coachella was named best outdoor music festival in North America by industry watchdog Pollstar in its inaugural year, and it has repeated that honor 12 times, including earlier this year when it regained its title after losing the award in 2017 to Desert Trip, which was also produced by Goldenvoice. More: Coachella 2019 lineup: Childish Gambino, Tame Impala and Ariana Grande will headline More: The Coachella 2019 lineup has been announced. Here’s how to get tickets Here’s a look back at some of the highlights from the first 19 years of Coachella: 1999: L.A. music promoter, Goldenvoice, brings a mix of indie rock, hip-hop and electronic music to the Empire Polo Field in Indio on a hot October weekend, following the belief of founders Paul Tollett and Rick Van Santen that a combination of niche audiences for music unable to get on pop radio will attract the 70,000 people they need to turn a profit with just $50 daily admission fees. Somehow, the vast variety of music… Read full this story
- From a small-time eBay business to making a staggering $100,000 per MONTH - how this 20-year-old struck it rich by selling beauty products online via 'dropshipping'
- Honda Activa 20-Year Anniversary Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 66,816
- Alexandra Shulman reveals she didn't wear a bra for 20 years and admits she still 'resents' them now and has no idea how regularly they need washing
- Hrithik Roshan On Completing 20 Years In Bollywood: I Think I Trust Myself More Now
- Back after 20 years, the Land Rover Defender is named MotorTrend SUV of the Year
- A real blockbuster union: As Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas reach 20 years of marriage, CLAUDIA CONNELL looks back at their romantic rollercoaster with ups, downs, rows and a cancer battle
- HCMC traffic deaths lowest in 20 years: official
- 'I love you always and forever': Michael Douglas, 76, and Catherine Zeta-Jones, 51, celebrate 20 years of marriage as star reveals he asked her out after watching The Mask Of Zorro
- A Project Almost 20 Years In The Making Tells The Story of What’s Happening in Georgia
- Returning to pre-COVID times: Gen-Z, millennials turn big spenders during festivities
Coachella turns 20 this year. Take a look back at the festival's history have 379 words, post on www.desertsun.com at January 2, 2019. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.