Thursday December 6, 2018 07:09 PM For the first time, average Cubans are now able to sign up for internet service for their mobile phones, a development long awaited on the communist-ruled island Written by By ANDREA RODRIGUEZ, Associated Press HAVANA (AP) — For the first time, average Cubans became eligible to sign up for internet service for their mobile phones Thursday, a development long awaited on the communist-ruled island. Users began receiving text messages in the morning from the state telephone monopoly informing them that they can buy an internet access packages for 3G service. Previously, nearly all Cubans could use their mobile phones only to get their state-run email accounts unless they connected to the internet at a limited number of government-sponsored Wi-Fi spots. Government officials and foreign businesspeople could use their mobiles anywhere to access the 3G network in recent years, though not always reliably. The new service is being made available gradually through Saturday depending on a user’s phone number, to avoid the congestion that struck Cuba’s mobile network during a series of heavily criticized tests this year. “It’s excellent news,” said Gustavo Andujar, who works for the Roman Catholic Church and was among the initial… Read full this story
- Rape victims told to hand over mobile phone messages for 'digital strip search'
- Hilarious moment clumsy crook raiding mobile phone shop pulls whole display down on top of himself
- 'Watch your child learn a new skill and play': Meath GAA club bans mobile phones from sidelines
- The truth about whether your mobile phone is damaging your health
- Solicitor who gave mobile phone to inmate after he threatened to 'f***ing fillet' her avoids jail
- Rape victims are being told their cases could be dropped if they don’t hand over their mobile phone to police
- GAA club bans parents using mobile phones at side of pitch
- India set to partially restore mobile phone lines in Kashmir
- Apple anti-snooping system to thwart police mobile phone surveillance
- Rapist left mobile phone at crime scene
Internet access via mobile phones starts for all Cubans have 326 words, post on www.readingeagle.com at December 6, 2018. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.