Local businesses seek to boost exports to ASEAN, China ASEAN and China are big markets that are yet fully tapped by Vietnamese exporters, heard a forum on the two markets held in Ho Chi Minh City on December 14. Pham Thiet Hoa, Director of the Online Trade and Investment Information Portal (ITPC) said the completion of the roadmap to cut tariffs in ASEAN offers opportunities for Vietnamese businesses to increase exports to the bloc, which is the fourth biggest export market of Vietnam, after the EU, the US and China. With the combined population of 660 million people, ASEAN is expected to become the fourth largest economy in the word by 2030. Wu Jun, Consul General of China in Ho Chi Minh City said China has been the largest trade partner of Vietnam for years while Vietnam is the largest ASEAN trader and among top ten global traders of China. In the past 11 months, Vietnam earned an export value of over 38 billion USD from China, a surge of 23 percent from the same time in 2017. As the second largest economy in the world with a market population of 1.3 billion people, China is projected to import more… Read full this story
- The 17 people who have been in court in Hull this week
- Western Mail letters: Thursday, January 17, 2019
- Business owners 'losing sleep' over 'aggressive' Kingdom waste rules
- Brexit latest news: Labour threatens to call no confidence vote in Government
- What’s going wrong at Jaguar Land Rover?
- 'Fraudulent' charity runners condemned
- 'I was saving for my home for a lifetime'
- Music retailer HMV calls in administrators
- Will the value of your home change in 2019?
- Mike Ashley: The saviour of the High Street?
BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 17/12 have 270 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at December 16, 2018. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.