LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — The Latest on the general election in Kentucky (all times local): 11:10 p.m. Democrat Greg Fischer has won a third term as Louisville’s mayor, beating out Councilwoman Angela Leet. Leet had hoped to become the city’s first Republican mayor since 1969. Fischer campaigned on Louisville’s economic growth, touting $13 billion in investment, 80,000 new jobs and more than $40 million in affordable housing under his leadership. And he promised to build on that if he were re-elected. Leet, however, painted a darker picture of the city during her campaign. She called out her opponent for the rising number of murders in the city under his watch, along with a crisis of overdose deaths. ADVERTISEMENT ___ 11:05 p.m. A pair of Republican Kentucky lawmakers accused of inappropriate behavior toward women have been re-elected to the state House of Representatives. State Rep. Michael Meredith signed a secret sexual harassment settlement last year along with three other GOP lawmakers. In April, the Legislative Ethics Commission dismissed ethics charges against him. On Tuesday, he defeated Democrat William “Bill” Fishback by nearly 3,500 votes. State Rep. Jim Stewart was accused of making unwanted verbal advances to a female courier in 2015,… Read full this story
- 'No Blame?' ABC News finds 36 cases invoking 'Trump' in connection with violence, threats, alleged assaults.
- Amid college admission scam, single mother tells House lawmakers how hard it was to pay for her college tuition
- Police Bodycam Facial Recognition Matches 26 California Lawmakers With Mugshots
- Turkey elections: Can Erdogan really lose?
- The Hill's Morning Report - Witness transcripts offer new clues; Election Day
- Seven freshman Democrats pen op-ed urging Congress to impeach Trump if new allegations are true
- Alleged Russian Operatives Spreading Fake News Sneak Back Onto Facebook
- President Trump in a 'great mood' as Washington waits for Attorney General William Barr to act on special counsel report: Sources
- Newsletter: Gov. Gavin Newsom’s sparse vetoes meant lawmakers got most of what they wanted
- Hong Kong lawmaker with pro-Beijing views stabbed by 'fake supporter'
The Latest: 2 lawmakers who faced allegations are re-elected have 325 words, post on apnews.com at November 7, 2018. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.