Infamous begpacker Anastasia talks with a leader of Phú Quốc General Hospital. — Photo thanhnien.vn Viet Nam News PHÚ QUỐC — Last year, a photograph of a white woman meditating as she sat behind a pot of money on a Phú Quốc Island street caught the attention of Vietnamese Facebook users. Now, local authorities are trying to bring the Russian “begpacker” — the term for tourists from developed countries who rely on handouts from locals to finance their travels — to the Russian Consulate in HCM City after she attempted to use a hospital as a hotel room. According to earlier media reports, the 25-year-old Russian woman, known only as Anastasia, brought her boyfriend to Phú Quốc General Hospital on October 15 to treat his injury after a fight with an owner of a guest house in the island. After learning that the couple had no money, the hospital decided to waive the treatment fee and asked the boyfriend be discharged as his condition was minor. However, Anastasia asked for permission to stay longer in the hospital. According to Trương Văn Hữu, acting director of the hospital, Anastasia insisted on sharing a room with other patients although she was offered… Read full this story
- Who Wants to Turn Bangladesh Into Bangla-Daesh?
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 3
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 26
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 25
- Greeks clash again with riot police over new migrant camps
- 'I photographed 35 women, 10 are still alive': tragedy of the Isle of Women
- EXCLUSIVE: Tom Cruise is holed up at the 5-star Gritti Palace in Venice after Mission: Impossible 7 is forced to halt filming after outbreak of coronavirus in Italy
- Shattering the silence: Australians tell their stories of surviving domestic violence in the church
- The Latest: Russia closing its land border with China
- 70 years on, German soldier's Vietnamese story searches for closure
Phú Quốc authority wants to bring ’troublesome’ Russian girl to mainland have 303 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 31, 2018. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.