A SAMSUNG customer claims his phone exploded, setting fire to towels – and leaving him close “to getting severe burns”. The disgruntled owner says he’s “done with Samsung” after the incident, which joins a catalogue of dozens of similar claims made about Samsung handsets. Writing on Reddit, Rokhana described how he took his phone out of his pocket to take a picture, before it froze and shut down. “After trying and failing to turn it back on for a minute or so, I put it down on my countertop and figured I’ll just try again later,” the disappointed Samsung customer explained. “Literally no more than a couple seconds after putting it down the whole thing spontaneously went up in flames. “I had a couple nearby towels catch fire too, thought my kitchen was gonna burn down for a moment.” The customer said they took the Galaxy S7 Edge phone to Samsung’s local customer service in Morocco, but received zero help. “[I] was told nothing can be done since I bought it two years ago and it’s no longer under warranty. “I’m glad I’m safe and all I lost was the phone considered how close I came to getting severe burns, but… Read full this story
- Apple and Samsung settle lengthy iPhone patent battle
- Samsung relapse its faulty batteries in Samsung Galaxy Note 9?
- Apple's iPhone hot but Android handsets 'on fire'
- Samsung ends Galaxy Note 7 production
- Samsung mobile recovery suffers blow as Galaxy Notes 'catch fire'
- Samsung mobile recovery suffers blow as Galaxy Notes 'catch fire' Tech
- The ‘inventor’ of the mobile internet takes on Google, Samsung
- Samsung warns of more Galaxy Note delays amid battery explosion claims
- Fate of Samsung’s investments in Vietnam questionable? DTiNews
- Fate of Samsung’s investments in Vietnam questionable? Investing
Another Samsung phone ‘went up in flames’ after user claims handset EXPLODED in his kitchen have 296 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at September 20, 2018. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.