Real talk? We hate that for many men, it seems to take becoming a “father of daughters” to understand basic concepts like consent, sexual harassment and equality. Even more frustrating is the fact that there are many fathers of daughters who will never make the attempt to understand, regardless. In fact, so pervasive is the phrase that last Sunday, we were instinctively prepared to cringe our way through a Women’s Equality Day essay penned by Golden State Warriors star Stephen Curry for The Player’s Tribune (a Derek Jeter-founded media company that publishes first-person stories from athletes). Undoubtedly, Curry would reflect on the lessons he’s learned as father of daughters Riley and Ryan, and we’d likely cramp one or both eyeballs while rolling them at his “revelations.” But while Curry does indeed speak on how his daughters are teaching him about the world he’d like them to grow up in, he writes that his education on women’s equality began long before he was raising two little girls: Growing up, I was lucky to be raised by my mom, Sonya — an incredible and fiercely principled woman who had the courage and vision to open her own school. … And for the… Read full this story
- Golf is more than a sport. It's a shot at upward mobility -- and Steph Curry understands that
- Barack Obama and Steph Curry Take on Toxic Masculinity and 'Being a Man' in 2019
- Steph Curry will miss three months of NBA season with broken hand
- Barack Obama teams up with Chance the Rapper and Steph Curry for uplifting new ad
- Apple pledges to do more to stand up for Equal Pay
- Why NBA star Steph Curry is investing in tech
- Steph Curry is great at basketball, but horrible at 'Mario Kart'
- Everything you need to know about International Women's Day
- 6 brands contributing to feminist causes for International Women's Day
- Freeform is celebrating International Women's Day in the best way
'This Is Personal': Steph Curry Advocates for Equal Pay in a Women's Equality Day Essay have 331 words, post on theglowup.theroot.com at August 28, 2018. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.