By Jon Wilner | [email protected] | Bay Area News Group PUBLISHED: August 14, 2018 at 7:34 am | UPDATED: August 14, 2018 at 7:56 am Our AP ballots were due Monday, with a fairly significant caveat: but only until Wednesday. At that point, the AP has production deadlines in order to meet the release date for the preseason poll (Aug. 20). OSU’s position below reflects the midpoint between where I would slot the Buckeyes with Meyer on the sideline (top five) and with an interim coach for the entire season (10-15 range). Three key points on the ballot in general: * As always, the preseason ballot is a projection of where I expect the teams to finish, not an assessment of the situation as it stands now, midway through training camp. During evaluations, significant weight was assigned to quarterback play, experience on the lines of scrimmage and the schedule, including the cross-division rotations. Noteworthy misses include Alabama-Georgia, Clemson-Miami, Ohio State-Wisconsin and Washington-USC. * Yes, I picked a few sleepers — the only certainty to the season is the unexpected.(UCF didn’t receive a single vote last year in either the AP or Coaches preseason polls; Florida State was No. 3 in… Read full this story
- SEC edges out Big Ten, Pac-12 on Super Bowl LIII rosters
- Resurgent Pac-12 Conference looking for big things in women’s basketball
- LSU Is The First Team In College Football History To Beat Every Top 4 Team In The AP Preseason Poll
- Oregon is the clear Pac-12 frontrunner for 2020 based on projections by ESPN, CBS Sports and other outlets
- Pac-12 football schedule for 2020 unveiled: Our full breakdown, from dastardly doubles to quadruple whammies
- Three Things To Know: No. 8 Oregon lost, the Pac-12 is dunk, Memphis won
- Poll Attacks: One voter in the AP Top 25 has four Big Ten teams ranked -- but not first-place Michigan State
- College basketball rankings: Will Rutgers be ranked in the AP Top 25 poll for the first time since 1979?
- AP Top 25 poll: Oregon finishes in top five, Penn State and Minnesota round out top 10 of rankings
- Dabo Dynasty: Clemson can join elite company with win vs LSU
My AP preseason top-25 ballot: Alabama is No. 1, followed by Clemson; Pac-12 well represented with five teams have 337 words, post on www.mercurynews.com at August 14, 2018. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.