Little Kitchen 4508 University Way N.E. (University District), Seattle; no phone/website; Sunday-Friday 11 a.m.-8 p.m., closed Saturday When talking recently about his revamp of Seattle’s classic Dynasty Room, I-Miun Liu mentioned that his mom makes the best dumplings. Sure, sure — everybody’s mom makes the best version of their favorite food. But then he said his parents used to run restaurants in Edmonds. And then he mentioned they’d just opened a place on the Ave … serving dumplings. It’s called Little Kitchen. I-Miun’s menu at the Dynasty Room is pretty damn good, and he says it’s based on the stuff he ate growing up — homestyle comfort food, reflecting his Chinese-but-came-here-from-Korea background. But he’s not bothering with dumplings; why would he, when his mom makes the best? And this isn’t just a son’s love talking: Little Kitchen’s dumplings are excellent. The scene: Little Kitchen is on University right off 45th, a tiny, electric-blue storefront with a paper sign in the window. Just inside the narrow space is the open kitchen where Tian Liu (that’s I-Miun’s mom) and Hui Yu Liu (that’s his dad) fix all the food themselves. You order at the counter; the menu’s blackboard-style. The place is a little more… Read full this story
- The great New Zealand juniper hunt
- A wave of new cafes in the Bay Area has an ambitious goal: a ‘reclamation of coffee culture’
- Watch 5 great new features in macOS Mojave
- How to Cast a New York City Movie, According to the Legendary Juliet Taylor
- Whose Streets? The Next New York Mayor Will Have to Decide.
- Bay Area’s migration is real, but Postal Service data shows California exodus isn’t
- What’s the Future of Outdoor Dining in New York?
- easyJet winter flights 2018 on sale - see the full list of new routes and best deals for cheap flights
- Return to pre-pandemic normal? Some Bay Area residents say ‘not so fast’
- New York's back for Brits and the Big Apple's ripe for a new bite
3 great new cheap-eats spots in the Seattle area to try have 341 words, post on www.seattletimes.com at August 9, 2018. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.