Steve Ditko, who helped create Spider-Man and who, along with Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, was one of the three figures behind Marvel Comics’ rebirth in the 1960s, was found dead in his home last week, reports The Hollywood Reporter. Ditko was 90. As a staff illustrator for Marvel, Ditko designed the red-and-blue costume, underarm webbing and bug-eyed mask that distinguishes Spider-Man more than 50 years after his debut in 1962’s Amazing Fantasy #15. At the time, Marvel, under Lee’s direction, was experimenting with its line of Silver Age horror and suspense titles, like Journey into Mystery and Strange Tales, to develop superheroes that today earn millions as box office attractions. Ditko is most famous for creating two: Spider-Man and Doctor Strange, who first appeared in 1963. Ditko also created many of their longtime adversaries, including the Green Goblin, Baron Mordo, the Sandman, the Dread Dormammu, the Vulture and the Lizard. Stephen J. Ditko was born Nov. 2, 1927 in Johnstown, Pennsylvania. He began his professional career in 1953, moving to Atlas Comics, Marvel’s forerunner, beginning with Journey Into Mystery #33, which would become the vehicle for Marvel’s Thor a decade later. His creative breakthrough came with Spider-Man, a one-shot… Read full this story
- Spider-Man: Homecoming Concept Art Is Inspired by Iconic Steve Ditko Comic Cover
- First Captain America: Civil War Reactions Praise Spider-Man
- Will Doctor Strange Be Another Massive Box Office Hit for Marvel?
- Captain America: Civil War Blu-ray includes the usual bonus features plus a Doctor Strange preview
- Does Captain America Die in 'Avengers 4'? Chris Evans Says the Film Will Be Steve Rogers's Last
- Avengers: Infinity War and Ant-Man 2 Disney+ Release Dates Get Delayed
- Without Iron Man, we might never have had the MCU - 10 years later, it’s easy to forget what a risk it really was
- Donald Trump claims veterans in a study which found hydroxy can kill 'were READY TO DIE' as he falsely denies FDA warning not to take it outside hospitals - then makes two cabinet members back him up
- Eddie Sutton, legendary college basketball coach, dies at 84
- Trump reveals he has defied doctors' warnings by taking unproven drug hydroxychloroquine for 'a week and a half' to PREVENT Covid-19 – as medics warn he is setting a dangerous example and Chinese state mouthpiece says he is governing by 'witchcraft'
Steve Ditko, co-creator of Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, dies at 90 have 374 words, post on www.polygon.com at July 5, 2018. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.