HOT PICK Daily through Monday End run: The Palm Springs International Film Festival heads into its final weekend with an unusual head of steam. The Golden Globes are in the rearview mirror, Sundance is still to come. And Festival Chairman Harold Matzner says the festival has been attracting record crowds with one more weekend in the world cinema spotlight. Check the videos on my online film festival columns for the daily programmers’ picks, but, of particular note is the Talking Pictures presentation of “Won’t You Be My Neighbor?” at 1 p.m. Saturday at Annenberg Theater. It’s a best bet for an Oscar nomination. More: Variety Brunch revealed how industry networking wroks More: Kaye Ballard film among top docs; see what else is good My story in the Friday film festival section is on Vince Van Patton, a crazy, inveterate gambler who helped raise funds to start this film festival. He turned his wildest wager into the film, “Walking To Vegas,” having its world premiere at 4 p.m. Friday at Palm Springs High School. Make plans to take a vacation day on Monday to see the best films of the fest re-screened one last time. Palm Springs International Film Festival, daily screenings and events,… Read full this story
- History of the SXSW Music Festival
- The Final Goodbye to Kilimanjaro
- Festivals at the Beach - Ten Top Events For September, 2008
- The Party is On - A Year's Worth of Great Detroit Events
- io9 Discusses Todd Phillips' Polarizing
- Defending the
- South by Southwest in Austin
- Retirement - What Are You Going to Do?
- Home Sweet No-Sale Home - Positive Ways to Cope When the Economy Says Nope to Your Home Sale
- Speed Racer - Family Movie Review
Palm Springs film festival on pace to set attendance record heading into final weekend have 279 words, post on www.desertsun.com at July 18, 2018. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.