It wasn’t long after the birth of our daughter that the barrage of nosy questions began. Well-meaning aunts, neighbors, and even total strangers at Whole Foods would say things like, “Time to get started on number two!” or, “Wouldn’t it be nice for Ella to have a little brother or sister?” I wasn’t prepared. The first time around, I had been warned that people would feel entitled to insinuate themselves into the very personal question of if, and when, we would have a baby. We had barely stepped out from under the chuppah when our wedding guests told us how beautiful our children would be, and did we think that our firstborn would be here within the year? This has always struck me as wildly inappropriate. Putting aside the fact that this implicitly involves discussing our sex lives in public, it’s a Pandora’s box of potentially painful questions: What if we happened to be struggling with infertility? What if one of us had decided that we were not parent material, creating a source of conflict in our marriage? Ultimately, we survived that first round of interrogation and made everybody happy by bringing Ella into the world three years into our marriage…. Read full this story
- Kate Middleton would have ‘to be superhuman not to feel the pressure’ as future queen consort, author says
- Here come the new girls... and they sure are heavenly! Gigi Hadid and Kendall Jenner stretch their wings as they join the Angels for their Victoria's Secret show debut
- Another own goal! Matt Hancock is ridiculed for praising 'DANIEL Rashford' instead of Marcus Rashford in live TV blunder... before blaming his seven-year-old SON who reads Harry Potter
- Remains of Lori Vallow's son JJ, 7, and his sister Tylee, 17, are found at her husband Chad Daybell's home as his bail is set at $1million for 'concealing and destroying the bodies'
- ‘I’m with Muni — how can I help?’ Annalee Newitz’s short fiction imagines a new kind of social support system in SF
- Vili Fualaau moved back to California and cared for ex-wife Mary Kay Letourneau 'around the clock' during her last months as she battled cancer, says family lawyer
- America's Got Talent: Heidi Klum admits to fellow judge Sofia Vergara that she wants another baby
- Recap: More Perfect Strangers
Working Moms Reveal Their Struggles Over Having A Second Kid have 380 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at May 3, 2018. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.