We remember them for their comedy routines — Dick Gregory and Jerry Lewis — their shows — John Mahoney’s patriarch on “Frasier” — the characters they portrayed — Lois Lane in “Superman” (Margot Kidder), Mini Me in “Austin Powers” (Verne Troyer) — the films they helmed — “Rocky” director John Avildsen — the music that will remain in rotation — Vic Damone, Malcolm Young — the businesses they ran — Andrew Balducci — and the sports they dominated on the field or behind the microphone — Giant Y.A. Tittle, Keith Jackson. Here are the actors, musicians, athletes, politicians and other well-known names we’ve recently said goodbye to. Tom Wolfe Tom Wolfe, author and journalist behind the New Journalism movement, died on May 15, 2018, his agent said. He was 87. Wolfe was the bestselling author of “The Right Stuff” and “Bonfire of the Vanities.” A Virginia native, Wolfe moved to New York City in 1962 when he began working for the New York Herald Tribune, according to the New York Times. He died at a Manhattan hospital. Margot Kidder Margot Kidder, “Superman’s” Lois Lane, died on May 13, 2018, according to a representative at Montana Funeral Home. Kidder was 69. The actress starred… Read full this story
- Tom Cruise's Character Revealed in Tarantino's New Movie?
- Golden Globes 2020: Tom Hanks holds up his medicine as he breaks into a fit of coughing after becoming emotional while accepting Cecil B DeMille Award
- From hippy hangout to celebrity capital: How Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky started the stampede of stars to Byron Bay - as Matt Damon, Carrie Bickmore and Elyse Knowles buy luxury homes
- Golden Globes 2020: Reese Witherspoon, Scarlett Johansson, Jennifer Aniston, Margot Robbie and Kerry Washington are visions of glamour as they lead the best dressed stars on the red carpet
- FMIA Wild Card: Tom Brady the Pragmatist Controls His NFL Future
- New Netflix Movie Examines the Rise and Fall of Celebrity Website Gawker
- See How the Stars of
- Where Are the Original
- The BAFTAs are a major Oscars predictor. Not a single actor of color was nominated.
- Golden Globes 2020: All the winners from last night
Tom Wolfe, Margot Kidder and other notable celebrity deaths have 332 words, post on www.amny.com at May 16, 2018. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.