0 Comments Sinn Fein MEP claims to have obtained Brexit Northern Ireland impact papers BelfastTelegraph.co.uk A Sinn Fein MEP has claimed to have obtained secret civil service documents outlining “the disastrous consequences” Brexit will have on Northern Ireland. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/sinn-fein-mep-claims-to-have-obtained-brexit-northern-ireland-impact-papers-36781753.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/incoming/article36350030.ece/3b172/AUTOCROP/h342/n%20Ireland-%202.jpg Email A Sinn Fein MEP has claimed to have obtained secret civil service documents outlining “the disastrous consequences” Brexit will have on Northern Ireland. Martina Anderson called on the civil service to release the documents to the public. The assessments looked at the border, the customs union and single market and the availability of labour for key sectors such as health, agri-food and manufacturing post-Brexit. “There is no doubt that Brexit will have a catastrophic impact on all aspects of our society in the north,” she said. “I have met the interim head of the civil service and directly challenged him to release all assessments publicly so people can see the full extent of the outworking of Brexit. “Despite initial civil service claims that it had no assessments, we have now received more than 30 papers on the impact of Brexit which it had shared with the British government.” Ms Anderson said the information had to be “dragged” out of… Read full this story
- Brace for no-deal Brexit, Northern Ireland firms are warned
- Sinn Fein MEP and staff flee Strasbourg gunman amid pandemonium
- Sinn Fein MEP says border poll must take place in event of no-deal Brexit
- Watch as Sinn Fein MEP Martina Anderson quotes James Connolly when she says 'British government has no right in Ireland'
- Republic of Ireland must get real about border poll if it is no-deal Brexit: Sinn Fein
- Opinion: May’s Brexit deal is the only way to save Northern Ireland from turmoil
- Sinn Fein told to 'catch a grip' over recent decisions
- Sinn Féin MEP says 'dangerous' Nigel Farage should not be given publicity
- UUP councillor reported over ethnic cleansing jibe at Sinn Fein
- Seize Brexit opportunity to end Irish partition, urges Sinn Fein
Sinn Fein MEP claims to have obtained Brexit Northern Ireland impact papers have 343 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at April 6, 2018. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.