News 24 Apr 2018, 16:35 IST 3 By Kushan Sarkar/Tapan MohantaKolkata, Apr 24 (PTI) India will open their 2019 World Cup campaign against South Africa on June 4 instead of June 2 as the BCCI will have to maintain a mandatory 15-day gap between IPL final and international assignment as per the Lodha Committee recommendation.The 2019 World Cup will be held in the UK from May 30 to July 14.The matter was discussed during the ICC Chief Executives Meeting here today.”The 2019 IPL will be played between March 29 and May 19. But we need to maintain a 15-day gap and World Cup starts on May 30. Therefore as per 15 day gap we could have only played on June 4. Earlier, we were scheduled to start on June 2 but we couldn’t have played on that day,” a senior BCCI official present here told PTI on conditions of anonymity.”South Africa are our first opponents. The CEC agreed and the matter has been referred to the ICC board,” he further added.Interestingly, ICC in their various marquee events have always started with an Indo-Pak fixture which is a sureshot sell-out. It happened in the 2015 World Cup in Australia (at Adelaide)… Read full this story
- Canada open World Cup campaign with slender win over Cameroon
- USA 19-31 Tonga: Sea Eagles end World Cup campaign on a high
- World Cup History: India's 1996 World Cup semi-final XI
- Australia's World Cup campaign was an undoubted success
- The unsatisfied expectations from the 2019 World Cup
- The Blackcaps' rollercoaster World Cup campaign
- England finding excuses as World Cup campaign crumbles
- How can Australia get their World Cup campaign back on track?
- Pant cleared to join India squad at World Cup after Dhawan blow
- New Zealand stun India to reach World Cup final
India to open 2019 World Cup campaign against SA on June 4 have 275 words, post on www.sportskeeda.com at April 24, 2018. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.