LBC presenter Nick Ferrari has become the first radio broadcaster to be named Journalist of the Year at the British Journalism Awards. He picked up the prize at the awards dinner on Monday night along with the award for popular journalism. Some 400 journalists from across the industry attended the event held at the De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms. The judges were impressed with the calm and methodical way he interviews politicians, most notably shadow home secretary Diane Abbott ahead of this year’s general election.He was also praised for his coverage of the Grenfell Tower disaster and his campaign for a change in the law to protect emergency service staff. He said: “This means such a huge amount. I came into journalism because my late father ran a press agency.“I remember Press Gazette as it was then, coming back on a Monday night I would read it – I would read all the events, I would read all the goings on and I read it through my career when I was on a local paper. “To think now that I have been finally recognised by the judges and I look at the list and see the extraordinary competition I was… Read full this story
- Hague tribunal aims to investigate journalist killings
- Kirstie Allsopp backlash at immigrant British Empire tweet 'those tweeting me so charming'
- Let us work at home! House of Commons staff fear for safety working in parliament
- Inside UK's ghost village left empty for 80 years after all residents told to go
- Best restaurants in your area shortlisted for award - has your favourite made the list?
- Last British survivor of WW2 Dambusters raid turns 100
- Turkey holidays: Tripadvisor top beach named - 'always sunny!'
- Inside Graham Norton's life - net worth, romance and why he quit BBC job
- Russia-Ukraine latest news: Belarus deploys troops along border with Ukraine, says MoD
- Graphic novel about refugee experience wins $30,000 and top prize at literary awards
British Journalism Awards 2017: Nick Ferrari is journalist of the year, Inside Housing named top news provider have 318 words, post on www.pressgazette.co.uk at December 14, 2017. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.