Iraqi security forces are set to declare victory in Mosul within ‘a matter of hours’ with local media reporting that Islamic State has been all but forced out of the city. A huge onslaught has seen the jihadists’ last bastion in the city fall, state TV has reported, following air strikes and artillery salvoes. The country’s state broadcaster said: ‘We are seeing now the last metres (of the battle) and then victory will be announced. It’s a matter of hours.’ But ISIS militants have vowed to ‘fight to the death’ despite claims they will imminently lose the pockets of the city they control. Iraqi police and soldiers were today seen celebrating in the Old City of Mosul, where officials claim victory against ISIS will be declared within hours Members of the Iraqi army’s Emergency Response Division were jubilant as they celebrated what they claim is ISIS’s imminent collapse Iraqi Federal Police officers celebrated as operations against ISIS appeared to have driven the terror group into a final retreat Flag waving Iraqi soldiers celebrated impending victory in Mosul, which has been an ISIS stronghold for the past three years Police officers were delighted as they marked the end of ISIS’s reign… Read full this story
- The Battle of Mosul: How It May Affect the War in Syria
- NATO to Increase Troops in Iraq From 500 to 4,000 Amid Daesh Resurgence, Stoltenberg Says
- Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher Found Not Guilty of Killing ISIS Fighter
- Local election results timings: Hour-by-hour guide to when key battles will be announced
- A Timeline of What Has Happened in the Year Since George Floyd’s Death
- Finding Refuge: Ten years of war in Syria, through the eyes of Syrians forced to flee
- With Jerusalem on edge, Palestinian families face eviction
- 100 Years After the Tulsa Massacre, What Does Justice Look Like?
- London Six Day: Six of the best ever races on the London track
- IT hub Bengaluru and its struggle for healthcare
'Old Mosul will be their graveyard': Iraqi troops squeeze ISIS to its final few metres and claim victory will be declared in the city within HOURS have 320 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 8, 2017. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.