In an effort to teach President Donald Trump about the importance of HIV/AIDS research, “The Late Late Show” host James Corden has sent 297 copies of the 1994 Oscar-winning, Tom Hanks-starring movie about a man with AIDS, “Philadelphia,” to the president. Corden said he sent the DVDs to Trump in reaction to the recent news that six members of the Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS have resigned because, in their view, Trump “simply does not care” about the HIV epidemic. The “Late Late Show” host admitted that until he saw the acclaimed, tragic movie from the late director Jonathan Demme, he was unaware of the impact of HIV/AIDS. “I was thinking, maybe that’s the problem. Maybe Donald Trump doesn’t care because he’s never seen ‘Philadelphia,’” Corden said. “In fact, I’m almost certain that’s probably what it is.” After the White House rebuffed Corden’s proposal to send one copy of “Philadelphia” to Trump, Corden and his staff decided to buy up every DVD of the film they could find online – 297 copies – and send them to Trump’s Florida estate Mar-a-Lago. “We hope that if Trump watches ‘Philadelphia,’ he’ll understand two things,” Corden said. “One, Tom Hanks definitely deserved that… Read full this story
- Tom Hanks gifts a typewriter to an Indian-origin student Jessica Khera
- The White House will reportedly screen Steven Spielberg's 'The Post,' even after star Tom Hanks said he'd refuse to attend if invited
- Boo! From J.Lo's iconic Versace look to a SEXY Bob Ross getup, FEMAIL rounds up head-turning Halloween costume ideas inspired by pop culture icons, TV shows, movies and more
- 10 things you probably didn't know about the 'Mamma Mia' movies
- 27 Wall Street movies to watch over Christmas
- These are the 25 top-earning iconic Christmas movies of all time
- Recession fears grip Hollywood: Can the movie biz survive a downturn?
- The Latest: Trump says he bears ‘no blame’ for pipe bombs
- From ‘American Crime Story’ to Co-Starring With Oprah and Tom Cruise, Actor Courtney B. Vance Reflects on His Career
- Remembering author Tom Wolfe, 'a magician' with words
Why James Corden sent 297 copies of an old Tom Hanks movie to Trump have 344 words, post on www.businessinsider.my at June 21, 2017. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.