In hindsight, Sherri Kaspar feels weird about the Fudgsicles.Nationally renowned spinal surgeon Kenneth Pettine bought them for her after he performed a procedure that Kaspar said left her without use of her legs and triggered relentless, debilitating infection.Pettine stowed the treats in a freezer at McKee Medical Center in Loveland, scrawling her name on the box he bought for her to enjoy post-surgery.Kaspar used to think the gesture meant Pettine was her friend. Now that Pettine is a convicted criminal barred from practicing medicine, she considers the ice cream a symbol of the doctor’s knack for manipulation. “He tried to buy me off,” she said during an interview at her Kersey mobile home.That incident was a long time ago — 26 years ago, to be exact. But Kaspar’s experiences illustrate the two vastly different versions of the Johnstown surgeon arrested in June 2016 on suspicion of prescription fraud.Pettine’s supporters paint him as a man of faith, an Eagle Scout, a brilliant surgeon with “hands of gold” who financed college educations and saved children from disease and neglect with his own money.Others describe a darker side of Pettine: A drug-addled smooth-talker who botched surgeries, lied on medical records and used his position of power to secure an endless stream of prescription drugs. Several… Read full this story
- At least 1 dead after gas explosion in Murrieta destroys home
- VIEWPOINTS: Who Gains When Democracy is Destroyed?
- UPDATE: SAPD investigating deadly shooting on Northwest Side
- Investigation uncovers suicide crisis in US jails
- U.S. Sanctions on Venezuela Do Not Stop World’s Biggest Cocaine Market From Getting Its Drugs
- I-TEAM INVESTIGATION: CBD use could get you fired
- 18 people on Skid Row hospitalized after using street drug Spice
- DR AG: Ortiz wasn’t intended target
- Henderson cop’s overdose death not investigated by internal affairs — VIDEO
- In death-drug case, doubts voiced on Arkansas inmates' pain
The Dr. Kenneth Pettine drug investigation: 'I was destroyed' have 309 words, post on www.usatoday.com at June 8, 2017. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.