advertisement advertisement advertisement Algorithms control many elements of our lives: the music we hear , the shows we watch , the stories we read , and even how we vote. They've been used most commonly to uncover consumers' preferences and make recommendations, but now brands are starting to integrate them into the products themselves. advertisement advertisement Stitch Fix , an online apparel retailer, thinks algorithms are the future of designing garments and has begun to bring these items to market. (In her 2017 report , trend forecaster Mary Meeker of the venture capital company Kleiner Perkins mentioned Stitch Fix's algorithmic design approach as an e-commerce "aha.") But will this strategy yield better things, or will it just lead to the normcorization of design? "[Our customers] come to us because they don't want to go shopping," Eric Colson, Stitch Fix's chief algorithm officer and head of the company's 75-person data team, says. "Five years from now, people will say, 'Remember when we had to wander malls and find our own things? That's crazy!’" Since its founding in 2011, Stitch Fix has slowly been gaining steam and has grown to over 5,700 employees, has been profitable since 2014, and generated $730 million… Read full this story
- Meet the Gen Next 2020 designers
- Fashion an important medium to express changes in society: Designer Amit Aggarwal
- See the categories for the 2020 Innovation by Design Awards
- The big fashion fight: can we remove all the toxic, invisible plastic from our clothes?
- The Hardest Costume I Ever Designed
- New York Fashion Week: 5 spring and summer 2020 trends you should know about
- Feeling The Churn: Why Netflix Cancels Shows After A Couple Of Seasons & Why They Can’t Move To New Homes
- Aiming for fashion that is sustainable all round
- Maximalism is in. Get your fix from these 4 affordable brands
- Nick Kroll doesn't want any fashion help from Tan France on
How Stitch Fix Is Using Algorithmic Design To Become The Netflix Of Fashion have 314 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at June 8, 2017. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.