CLAUDE PUEL admits he is sweating on the fitness of captain Virgil van Dijk ahead of the biggest game of the season.The Dutchman has been sent for a scan picked up against Leicester on Sunday which in itself suggests he is fighting a losing battle to face Liverpool in Wednesday’s EFL Cup semi-final.It means rookie centre half Jack Stephens or little-used Florin Gardos may be drafted in as an emergency with Saints holding a 1-0 lead going into the second leg. Catch up on all the latest transfer news, gossip and rumours with our live blogBoss Puel said: “It’s not a serious injury but I don’t know if he can participate in this game. We will have to see tomorrow. He got a good kick on the ankle.”Saints midfielder Dusan Tadic has pleaded with the Frenchman to abandon his famous squad rotation policy to give the team the best chance of making it to Wembley.Puel is yet to keep an unchanged team in two successive games since taking over in the summer and has made 200 changes since August.Tadic said: “Sometimes players are tired, but most of the time we are ready to play every three days and we play from the… Read full this story
- Euro 2012: Ahead of Euro semi-final, Spain aware that Portugal is more than Cristiano Ronaldo
- 'Dancing with the Stars’ semi-finals: Irwin remains at top while Braxton’s exit prevents an elimination
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott finally admits he ditched rescue dog Reagan after winning election in 2010
- Chelsea under fire after winger Eden Hazard kicks ball boy during League Cup semi against Swansea
- Firefighter Robert Painter of Engine 63 wins the 5 Alarm Cookoff Bronx semi-final
- Jets vs. Giants regular season game is huge for both teams because of mediocre 2015 seasons
- As Sony walks away from World Cup, soccer exec admits need to rebuild FIFA's reputation
- WATCH: Rachel Dolezal Finally Admits That She Was 'Biologically Born White'
- Firefighter from Astoria wins semi-final heat in Daily News ‘Five Alarm’ cookoff
- Meet the Mexican drug ‘queenpin,’ Sandra Avila Beltran, who has finally admitted drug trafficking connections
Liverpool vs Southampton: Virgil van Dijk a doubt for huge EFL Cup semi-final, admits Claude Puel have 357 words, post on www.thesun.ie at January 23, 2017. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.