The live-action Mulan is galloping toward a Nov. 2, 2018 release date.Walt Disney Studios set the date for the remake of the classic animated film on Tuesday, also announcing Mulan will be in 3-D.The next pressing issue will be casting the role of the female warrior Mulan, who disguises herself as a male soldier “Ping” to take her place in her father’s Imperial Army.The 1998 animated Mulan is a Disney classic which has made more than $300 million worldwide.No director is in place for the film with a script by Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver (Jurassic World, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and the upcoming Avatar sequel) who came on to rewrite the script Disney purchased in 2015.Empowered heroines are playing large in Disney’s live-action strategy after success with Maleficent and Cinderella. Next year’s Beauty and the Beast, with Emma Watson as Belle, is already one of the most anticipated movies of 2017.The first Beauty and the Beast teaser trailer released in May was viewed a record 91.8 million times in its first 24 hours, besting Disney’s crown jewel franchise Star Wars: The Force Awakens.Last week, Disney announced that live-action The Jungle Book director Jon Favreau would direct a live-action version of The Lion… Read full this story
- REVIEW: Fast and Furious Live at Sheffield FlyDSA is an action packed ride
- Apple Watch Series 4: Release date rumors, spec speculation, and more!
- How Shanghai Disney compares to Disneyland, in 30 photos
- A sneak preview of Fast & Furious – Supercharged, the newest ride at Universal Orlando
- Northern Ireland's north coast backdrop for Sir Ken's Disney film aimed at rivalling Harry Potter success
- 'The Fast And The Furious' gets a spin-off
- Fast and Furious Animated Series For Netflix In Works For A 2019 Release
- Marvel movies: A complete list of upcoming releases
- Ant-Man 2: New trailer for MCU's first post-Avengers Infinity War film released
- On Track for Extinction: Can Humanity Survive?
Disney's live-action 'Mulan' rides to fast-track release date have 312 words, post on www.usatoday.com at October 4, 2016. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.